top of page
Insurance Policies

These are usually to be found amongst the deceased’s private papers or they may be lodged with the bank or solicitor. It is important to notify the insurance company, who will require a Death Certificate, as soon as possible. Request that they confirm the policy is in force.

Motor Insurance

Insurance cover on a vehicle owned by the deceased ceases upon death. The insurance company should be informed immediately and arrangements made for transfer of the policy.

The Vehicle Registration Document should be returned in due course to the licensing authority for transfer of ownership and the deceased’s Driving Licence should be returned to the DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BD.

bottom of page